Frequently asked questions
Everything you need to know for your next kite trip
Am I good enough to go on a kitetrip?
You don’t need to be an expert to participate in our downwinders, but it’s important to have a good level in the sport. You have to control your equipment, navigate sideways and know self-rescue techniques. If you want to go downwinder with us, but don’t feel 100% safe, it’s a good idea to come to Jericoacoara a few days before your trip and participate in our daily downwinders. You can choose between 2 options: Barrinha to Jeri or Jeri to Tatajuba, with a constant wind of 25/30 knots.
What equipment do I need?
One thing is for sure, the wind will blow! For men we recommend kites between 7 / 12M, for women 6 / 10M. With the evolution of kitesurfing equipment, modern kites often have the possibility to adjust the kite so that you can use it in different wind speeds.
What should I bring?
- bathing suit/bikini
What is included?
- 4×4 escort vehicles
- Overnight with breakfast
- Guide/instructor on the water (fluent in French/English)
- Hydration/Snacks/Fruits (during downwind)
- Speedboat assistance in Delta do Parnaíba
- Quad assistance in Delta and Tutóia
- Tips / advice throughout your stay in Brazil
- Concierge service for dinners and evening events
- Satellite phones/waterproof radios
What is not included?
- Airport transfer to Jericoacoara
- Alcoholic beverages
- photos / videos
- Kitesurfing Equipment
What is optional?
- Kites for rent
- Boards for rent
- Kite repairs/repairs